Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Niner Fever

Thirty years ago this week, Matt and I went to see the Niners and the Giants at Candlestick Park in the second round of the NFL playoffs. Niners won that one and that game still stands out as a terrific memory for both Matt and me. At that time, we lived in the Bay Area and Candlestick was only a few miles from our home.

Come Sunday, a rematch will take place in the same location. But now our location is about 3,000 miles from The Stick. However, given the enthusiasm both of us have for this upcoming game, if I had a few thousand bucks that needed to be used I would gladly fly Matt from Wilmington, NC and me from Memphis to San Fran for a couple of days to revisit what was once our home and to watch the Niners put a hurting on the Giants.

Donations are welcome...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those were great times!!

Matt