Monday, November 22, 2010

The Eagle or the Turkey?

Thanksgiving is practically synonymous with turkeys. In fact, numerous people refer to Thanksgiving as "turkey day."

The eagle is our national bird. I love eagles. I have several figurines in my office and in my study at home of these awesome birds. Ben Franklin thought the turkey should be our national bird. I love turkeys, too, and I'll be doing my annual ritual of roasting a 20 pounder again this year. I love Ben Franklin but I'm sure glad he got out-voted for our national bird.

For some reason, I just can't imagine having several turkey figures in my office and study. I can't see having a turkey on the back of my motorcycle jacket. And who can imagine the greatest rock band of all time, The Eagles, being called The Turkeys!

I'll stop there before somebody thinks I'm starting to sound like Andy Rooney!!!

No comments: