Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Will I Live to See 80?

Recently, a woman picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, the doc said she was doing "fairly well" for being 63. A little concerned about that comment, she couldn't resist asking, "Do you think I'll live to be 80?"

The doc asked, "Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer,wine, or hard liquor?"
"Oh no," she replied. "And I don't do drugs, either!"

Then the doc asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?"

"Very little," she replied... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!"

"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?"

"No, I don't."

"Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?"

"No," she replied with a smile.

That's when the doctor looked at her and said, "Then, why do you even give a s____?"

No comments: